Sunday, February 1, 2015

Upcoming trip for Nancy


This is Nancy writing.  This April I am going with an orchestra group to Cuba.  The country is very poor, but as the US starts relaxing travel restrictions we hope that money that tourism brings into the country will actually benefit the people. As things currently stand, we will be traveling on educational visas.  They allow us no more than 25 visas per trip, and we are still waiting for approval. We will be working with local musicians, teaching workshops, continuing to build relationships started on other trips, and giving concerts.  I am going as the sound tech, and will also be doing training sessions.  Sometimes groups bring sound or musical equipment and donate it here, and as happens in our own little church here in Mexico, there is often good equipment that is not being used or maintained properly, because someone has just figured out the basics on their own, and doesn’t really know how to get the best out of what they have.  I also bring a unique perspective of service and worship to being a sound tech, which is hard to find among the personalities that are generally drawn to technical ministries.

I ask for your prayer support for my trip. This is the first time I will have gone on a music trip without Walt. I ask for prayer for good Spanish, for love for the people I will be working with, for health, and for physical strength (sound equipment is heavy!)  Walt and I try to budget for at least one music ministry trip each year, and are joining a group to Curitiba, Brazil in the fall. While I feel that the Lord is telling me that I am supposed to go, this particular trip is not in our budget.  If you would consider helping me with the cost of the Cuba trip, which is about $2,000, not including the cost to get to Miami (the meeting place for the charter flight), and the cost of the visa, you can click this link  https://www.globalmissionsproject.com/givetoparticipant.php , enter GMP-238 (Cuba) under Project, and my name under Participant.  Thanks, so much, for being one of our blog readers!  We try to share our lives a little bit with you, and hope you enjoy knowing what we are doing in retirement.  We sometimes think that God hears the word “retirement” and says, “Oh, you have new tires?  Let’s go for another 50,000 miles!”

 

                                    

 

                                                                                                                                                              

No comments: